Friday, April 6, 2012

All that is Fabulous About Ted - yes, Nugent

About a bazillion years ago when dinosaurs were recently extinct, I went to rock concerts with friends. We traveled in packs, we bought shirts, screamed, thought we went deaf and had a fabulous time. We went to the Civic Center, the Chance, the Fairgrounds, the arenas and Music Mountain. As we grew older and a bit more of the "Glory Days" age, we share our stories, reminisce and listen to new "oldies" stations (Thank you Stacey for convincing me about 93.3 by the way) and dread the times we hear our songs played elevator music style.

Turns out, my husband and I just missed each other at several concerts, same place, same time, star crossed. He is a HUGE Ted Nugent fan and I was a fan of going out with my friends and so at some time in our lives we were both at Music Mountain as Mr. Cat Scratch had his fever on stage with a wild animal tail pinned to his white pants. Hubby was in love. I remember thinking how I barely knew a handful of the songs, but I was there, fist pumping before we knew what it was and smiling.

Today, doing the errands of a holiday weekend included a quick stop at the post office. It's a rare occasion, but once in awhile something has to be weighed and mailed the old fashioned way. I held the door for an older gentleman and thought for a minute I could hear a familiar tune. No, can't be. I'm practically in an institution and plus, I looked around, everyone here has white or at least salt and pepper hair, this simply isn't possible. Indeed, Cat Scratch Fever. I couldn't help but smile and wonder, when did this happen? It wasn't even a watered down musical version, it was the original, the one, the only, repeat Cat Scratch Fever.

"Anything else today," I was asked after my transaction.

"Um, no. I am happy to hear Ted being played in the post office though," I laughed.

"Shhhhh," I was told, "It's not too loud is it?"

I just laughed and remembered the time I saw Twisted Sister and worried about how I would explain to my parents that as a result of standing next to the speakers, I was now deaf.

Click on the link to enjoy some Live Ted...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJux_7W2i8

No comments:

Post a Comment