Saturday, April 14, 2012

Disadvantage PC

A glorious and sunny spring Saturday on the deck soaking up some sun, feet up, a borrowed lap top in place. With a to-do list that fills an entire page, I always elect to first read and write over chores and housework. How to do what I want and enjoy some of nature's gifts on this fine day? My PC, my life and keyboard are all quite stationary. My cell phone while capable of being used for this purpose is simply not practical and if I say, "later" then I know I will instead turn to what should be done rather than what I want to do during this time. Advantage laptop.

Though the feel is certainly like using someone elses toy, it may be something to finally and seriously consider.

I watch gadget users embrace their i-electronics: pads, tablets, pods, along side Kindles, Nooks and the like and I kind of peek at them from a distance. How does it work? What about my fat fingertips sliding off the e-keyboard rather than raised letters? What about screen size? How much can it hold in terms of word documents and photos?

I also hesitate to get rid of our landline.

What generation am I really? My birth year says I am quite young enough to be a part of all this new fangled gadgetry and have had a long and loving relationship with my Blackberry, but this seems like living in another country to me. The old, "It's a great place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there," kind of scenario. For now.

However, technology has made this fabulous blog a part of a fabulous sunny day on the deck. Something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment