Saturday, April 7, 2012

Just One Moment

Some days are a string of fabulous moments and it actually quite difficult to narrow it down to selecting just one to remember. Luckily, today was one of those days.

However, I often remember thinking of one of my husband's cousins who passed away far too young but was one of those souls who seemed to just "get it." He had an appreciation for the little things, the details and could express those thoughts with words and art. His was one of the most beautiful funerals I'd ever been to because those who knew and loved him stood and shared stories of his life. This is how I think it should be for us all, but I am getting away from the point. A story was shared about how he could have a conversation about the skin of a grape. If you think about it, the skin of a grape is really quite remarkable - thin yet incredible tensile strength, crisp to the bite, and does it ever really break down?

This morning my husband was driving in front of me in our truck with my nephews and I followed in my car since I would have to leave our fishing trip to cover a story for the newspaper. As we neared the private farm, I looked out my window at a small pond and thought, "Nothing is more beautiful than the glare of the sun on water."

I simply love the water. Fresh or salt. Lake or ocean. If I had to pick just one, it would be the ocean, but really, I just want to be near the water.

When we arrived at our final destination, I stood still for just a moment and admired the sun sparkling across the peaks created by the wind on the water. Glistening. Twinkling. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment