Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What do you believe?

It's not really about glasses being half full or empty, it's more about being happy to have something to drink really, don't you agree?

Reality is, we will all face adversity, tragedy, loss, illness and low points.  I wonder if the trick is to appreciate the days we don't have to and enjoy them.  Granted, we will not feel like singing like Snow White among the forest creatures on a daily basis, but isn't it a bit more comfortable to at least refrain from constantly pointing out all that is wrong, negative or the catastrophe that is surely about to occur?  I find those people quite draining and they seem to suck the happiness right out of me after a time.

I once worked with someone who said, "She is the kind of person who would complain if you gave her 99 cents."  And, of course at first I didn't understand the meaning of the statement so they explained, "You know, she would ask you for the other penny, even though you are simply giving her 99 cents, she would ask why you couldn't just make it an even dollar."  Ahhh.  That person.

It feels odd to me that someone could find faults or flaws in almost every aspect of life, but for some, that is what they live for and they simply doubt any genuine happiness.  Sad.  I choose to continue to find moments of fabulous and remember them for they are the treasures in each day, the memories I hope to keep and share or draw on when life really is challenging.  Hope you had a fabulous moment or two today.  I'm going to finish my half a cup of tea and enjoy each fabulous sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment