Monday, February 27, 2012

Choosing Just One Moment

When sitting at the computer, fingers on the keyboard, hoovering just above the letters with mind racing, trying to decide just which one moment or thought will best be remembered about this day, I can't help be distracted by the noise. The moments I could have lived without, but even they can be turned in a sickly sweet fashion to represent positive.

The sun glared directly in my eyes as I drove to work. How lucky. How fabulous the sun is rising again with me instead of after I arrive in the parking lot.

I was hungry for my lunch by 11:30. A celebration for food? Well, why not and health and the ability to cook well enough I am happy for left overs. And, co-workers shared my hunger and so a few of us gathered early and ate and talked. Conversation that weaves between nonsense, current events, movies and wedding songs. Yes, wedding songs. First dances and the favorite preferred dance by most men, the slow-circling-hug.

During the ride home, my stomach began to turn and twist and I worried. I made it home ok and decided to stick to the work out regimen written for me and did my 3+ miles of cardio while the rest of the family ate dinner. I was missing a bit of conversation and time, but I assured them I rather they carried on as I wasn't sure how I would feel. After about 45 minutes, I began to feel better and glad for the exercise. Hoping movement will always be easy and without limits or restrictions...

And so, how to select just one fabulous moment - the sun shining, a job, good food, someone to talk it over with, the ability to put one foot in front of the other at will and the desire to capture it all in words make it feel like an incredible task to try to decide between them. Best to simply bury myself in all of it and though it was an ordinary day, it was still fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment