Friday, February 24, 2012

A Fabulous Fitness Trainer

Having someone in the family, specifically my older son, who is quite physically active and fit can have an amazing upside. He has been researching best, as far as healthiest, diets and as a result we are reducing our processed foods and carbs (I've been saying this for years, but teens as you probably know or remember, are almost impossible to negotiate with). I have a wider selection of fresh produce in the house now because it is being consumed before it can go bad. I enjoy cooking a better assortment of meals now that they are more likely to be eaten without a lot of protest.

I wondered how I could tap into his fitness concerns in a way I may benefit. I sporadically use our treadmill and once in awhile will have short spurts of interest in working out. I started to ask his advice regarding staving off middle-aged wings and reducing my risk of "secretarial spread" (he loves this crazy antique term for an ever widening bottom half due to more time in a chair) and we have worked out a series of exercises I can do with my dumb bells. My weights are of course "cute" to him.

I now have a fabulous regimen with body part designated days and two days per week of just cardio. Though my reps and amount of weight seem childish to some, I have to admit I have been feeling it and look forward to keeping up the routine and someday seeing the benefit. He's a fabulous trainer and I'm not afraid to tell you, I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment