Sunday, February 5, 2012

Don't Mind if I Do

Typically, I spend about 10 hours a day in a seated position between driving to work and time at my desk in the office. Many reports have made it perfectly clear that much time in the chair is bad for everything else; the heart, overall health, blood pressure, cholesterol and quite honestly, the actual butt. Secretarial spread anyone?

And so, whenever I am out of work, I try to stand, walk or move in general. However, with day after day turning into week after week, if I am not training for my annual marathon walk, I know I have little stamina or strength for being on my feet.

Today I hit the floor running, switching furniture from the dining room to the living room. Cleaning, clearing, moving, and simply staying on my feet. Like an athlete, after hours I could feel my strength fade, my motivation wane and all I want to do is simply sit down. Fight through it, just a little more, and the Super Bowl snacks are prepared. Platters of veggies, shrimp, make the beef kabobs, grill them and the ribs, put the chips and dips on bowls, yes, all this trouble for just the four of us and finally, finally, it is time for the Anthem, the coin toss and the kick off. Make room on the couch for a well deserved and fabulous break. It's not my turn to do the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment