Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sometimes Reality is Just Better

On a dreaming streak again... the night before last I was busy preparing for a 30 day trip to the moon with my husband and mother. We would be launching the white pod that Tony from I Dream of Jeannie landed in the Atlantic. It was waiting to be loaded in my back yard and though I tried to ask my husband a million practical questions: how will we be able to pack all of the water 3 people will need for 30 days into that little pod, how will we launch it, what about food, how will we get back? He continuously responded something to the effect that it would all work out and everything will be fine. I could not convince him to the cancel the trip. I woke before the launch.

Last night/this morning - bad dream. Nightmare really. Being attacked from behind as I am going down a set of stairs, having my arms pinned at my sides, helpless until I retaliate then I am chased. A violent exchange ensues until I find the one person I think will help who simply wants to comfort me rather than take action. Frustration and disappointment. And then, although it is the ridiculously early morning hours, I am awake and happy simply knowing it was not real. I was fine. In fact, I was fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment