Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fabulous Support

It is one thing to preach about supporting local business and quite another to not only support shops and restaurants, but each other. I am more likely to frequent any place I am connected to the people within it and will continue to show my appreciation for those who simply put themselves out there.

Tonight I went to a karaoke night at a local bar/restaurant. This is not an activity that my husband and I would really ever participate in (though we can't deny that it has happened once or twice over the past 25 years or so) but I wanted to go. The DJ was a former student, the venue was a business I have not been in since the new owner took over.

Last week we attended an art show. The artist, the daughter of my husband's long time friend and though the exhibit involved a bit of travel, it was about being there. I happen to love her work, but would likely attend regardless.

Art and music may not appeal to everyone. How about the local fire department, service organizations, youth groups, Big Brother/Sister, food pantry, blood drive, etc.? Who do you support?

No comments:

Post a Comment