Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dancing Queen

Number 2 on the list for top 5 ways to enjoy music alone (car concerts were number one of course) is dancing around your house. Not only is the music loud with a thumping beat, but suddenly having stark white socks on the slippery floor seems like the best idea ever. Sometimes the music may be on with every good intention of cleaning the house to the soundtrack, yet somehow I become sidetracked and end up in the family room auditioning for So you Think you can Dance? with a bit of American Idol thrown in for good measure.

When the boys were little I would grab them by the hand and spin them in circles or pick them up and swing them around with me. Funny, they never dance in public. Have I shocked it out of them? They also tend to avoid the music I used to dance with them to and I wonder if maybe they just don't trust themselves not to bust a move like the "old days." I think it would be really fun to see them bust out to "Can't Touch This," don't you?

My most confused partner has to be the dog. She somehow wants to participate and circles around me with her tail wagging and a bit of a smile, not sure what else to do. In fact, that's kind of how I look when I dance in public, especially with my fabulous husband, we just smile and step in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment