Saturday, January 28, 2012

It's not Fun Until I can't Breathe

A family dinner with my sister, her family, my family and my mother is always sure to be fun though I always hold my breath a little bit - concerned my sons who are about 10 - 12 years older than their cousins, will say something inappropriate in some way. Like the time my older son thought he should educate his cousins about the fact we all have a wenis. Or how my sons sometimes forget they have more of a PG-13 vocabulary and my nephews are perfectly entitled to a rated G environment. Or, my worry that my sons will let the sarcasm go just a little too far over the edge and they will hurt some one's feelings. Yes, I may still give them a lecture, I mean reminder, to watch their language and stories in the presence of family.

However, most times the fact I cannot breathe and find myself holding my stomach or sides is due to continuous laughter that interferes with the physical function of my lungs. Tonight was no exception. I worry I will have to walk away or take a time out just to be able to keep up physically. The stories and vocabulary were fine, it was the constant laughter that left me breathless. We should all be so lucky to have these problems on a fairly regular basis. What was so funny? Hats. A bit of gas. Faces. Voices. Old pictures. The same things you would probably laugh about with 9 and 11 year old boys. Can't wait to do it all again. Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment