Friday, January 27, 2012

Fabulous One on One Lunch

Thankfully, every other Friday I finish work at noon and beat the crazy commuter traffic home. Even more thankfully I can sometimes have lunch with friends or family and on this particular weekend-eve it is my younger son who will share the table with me.

The hard part was deciding.... "What do you want?" "I don't care, what do you feel like?" Back and forth for a few volleys until I finally narrow the field, "I think I really want a real hamburger. Not something that may have been mixed with fillers in some factory (although their are no guarantees I recently learned) but at least believably real looking and fresh. I also think I'd rather eat at home so how about a to-go order from someplace?"

He made the rest of the decisions and I couldn't have been happier. I walked into the kitchen and could immediately smell the sinful scent of beef and french fries. A separate container held toppings of lettuce, tomato, pickles and slices of red onion so I could decide my toppings and the ratio of each - quite a treat. The bun was toasty. The fries were crispy outside and had been seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper. My son had a chicken wrap and while I'm sure he found it delicious, I was thoroughly happy with my choice.

We talked about his school, the new young lady he recently brought home (I always sneak in the heavy stuff over a meal) and work. We had each others undivided attention and it felt like I had always hoped being a mother would - fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment