Thursday, January 5, 2012

OMG Lunch Hour Confessions...

During lunch at my desk, one of life's guilty pleasures for me is checking Facebook and scrolling through celebrity gossip and nonsense headlines. Oh yeah! Katy Perry's divorce, Clay Aiken's new face, Sinead O'Connor's on again off again marriage not even a month in, Justin and Jessica are engaged, Rosie couldn't get in to Diddy's New Year's Eve party - all over it! I do avoid the Kardashian's, Jersey Shore and Housewives though. Surprised? Nah. I grew up when the Star and Enquirer were the print version and I couldn't wait to look through it on grocery shopping day.


While I never believed Elvis was still alive and had an alien love child, I loved the pictures, the clothes and what seemed like an entirely different life than mine. To be clear, I do not agree with stalking maniacal members of the paparazzi and I do think celebrity children should be 100% off limits. Celebs at movie premieres and awards shows though, fair game, part of the job.

So, yes, I could be expanding my mind or at least taking a walk, but instead I am peeking at the latest meaningless trash on Yahoo's OMG. Everyone needs a little junk food for the brain, a break from our real worlds and for me, it's just 15 - 20 minutes. I wonder what Aretha Franklin will wear to her wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment