Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Day for Laughs

Mid-morning chat time and a group of us were of course talking about the Mega jackpot. In New Jersey, I am told, a drive-through liquor store exists that may sell lottery tickets. A group of us then discussed what other kinds of items should be sold together in best combination to perhaps start a chain of deadly sin stores (drive through optional). Our prototypes would sell alcohol, cigarettes, lottery tickets, birth control, toothbrushes in the aisle of shame and of course, hand sanitizer among other items. Laughing, with limited airflow, tears coming out of my eyes, and that is of course when someone looks for you to ask a serious question. I find the strength to compose myself, but the second I return, I am belly laughing once more as we continue to discuss our possible inventory.

Then lunch with 3 co-workers today - and I had no notebook. It was one of the most entertaining lunches I have been to in awhile. Instead of a celebrity deathpool, we have each picked a list of ten celebrities most likely to get divorced this year (don't judge) and one celebrity couple we think will get married (to balance the karma). So, none of us have picked anything right so far this year so our quarterly meeting was just a chat about life instead at the best Mexican restaurant in Suffern.

One of my "lunchmates" admitted to having had been in a cult, one's mother-in-law wore white to her wedding and one told a story of a friend who had a horrible first date with someone who may or may not have had an extreme foot fetish. We threw in a couple of celebrity references, not necessarily about divorce, but a debate about Kanye's talent vs. Eminem, and what scandals might break this year to rival Brittney's meltdown or the Tiger Woods debacle. The whole experience, again, laughing with tears in my eyes. These are the days to hold on to and wish for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment