Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Unpopular - but it's ok

Many folks groan and mutter when we have to spring the clocks ahead and while I understand seeing it as a loss of one hour of sleep, I really prefer the trade off of sunlight after I get home from work. For a few weeks every year, I am up and out of the house before sunrise and barely make it home (sometimes I don't) by sunset. It starts to feel a bit vampire-like and I don't sparkle in the sun like those Twillight immortals.

Waking up on one Sunday morning with the clock a bit later than I thought it should be is a small price to be for being able to barbecue outside on the deck for dinner on a 70+ degree day in March. Grilled shrimp with risotto, tossed salad, tomatoes with mozzarella, fresh raspberries and blueberries all taste that much better in natural sunlight.

I'm sorry if the time change made you grumpy. For me, it's a wonderful introduction to longer days and a the warm season ahead. I'm looking forward to many more fabulous sunsets long after the dinner dishes are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment