Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Fabulous Secret

Yesterday I received some news that I had been waiting about a year for and the glitch was, "We ask that you keep this to yourself for now." WHAT!! I wanted to skip around my job with a smile from ear to ear, throw my hands in the air and act like I just don't care and they want me to keep a secret. Really? Well, I did - sort of. I called my husband. He was truly happy and put my younger son on the phone who was also happy. Ok, well, 2 people, but they're family after all and who will they tell? I also shared with 3 coworkers in my department, two of which had the same news so really, doesn't that mean I only told one more person? I never said I could do what was asked by keeping it to myself.

And so, after work I ran into my previous boss. Yes, I told. Couldn't help it. Honestly, it didn't even feel gloaty or like I broke a promise because he really didn't seem to understand. (Picture the boss from Office Space...) I digress.

Today, the first announcement was a meeting at 11 that was postponed until 11:30 then rescheduled for "later." Hmmm, would the news break?

FINALLY at 3 o'clock, the department gathered with our Vice-President in the conference room and the announcement was made, "I am glad to share some good news with you all, we have 3 promotions in your department." The rest is a blur, but I know their was clapping and a beautiful orchid. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment