Sunday, March 18, 2012

What heals you?

Everyone deals with stress differently and some of us may not even realize we are feeling a bit of pressure until our bodies react to it and we are forced to slow down or even stop. At the end of the day we may have sore or tense muscles, or a headache or other physical problem as a result of our stress. The trick, we are told, is to find a way to constructively deal with the stress. For me, I often think I am fine and nothing is bothering me and then suddenly my body screams out its own thoughts.

Alternately, when I think I am doing really well dealing with things by eating the right foods, light meals, working out, walking, writing in my journal, having a massage and my systems still backfire, I am truly stumped. Unexpectedly spending the day at home today under a clear blue sky with mild temperatures and the healing power of the sun, I raked out some garden beds and cleared away the remaining traces of last fall and winter (this is sure to bring on a Nor'easter I'm positive) and felt wonderful. No worries other than making sure I don't blister or rip off skin on my hands from raking.

What do you do to keep the stress away? How do you get it out? Or do you let things roll off your back in the first place? I am still finding my way and looking for more ideas to keep things balanced from the inside out. Hoping to maintain a regular level of fabulous with a minimal amount of stress invasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment