Friday, March 9, 2012

Fabulous Music to Clean By

Music can be so powerful, mood altering, happy, or sad (bagpipes at funerals), fast, slow and so of course we sometimes select it based on how we are feeling or how we want to feel. I especially like to choose loud, upbeat tunes for cleaning. In fact, I prefer to be able to "crank it up" louder than a running vacuum and many times feel perfectly entitled to sing along - badly and sometimes slurring lyrics I'm not really sure of - so what? I know you do it sometimes too. If you can admit to singing in the shower and car concerts, I'm fairly confident you are blasting something for background noise while getting through tasks from cleaning out the garage to folding laundry. I especially enjoy loading up the CD player with the Beatles or custom made mixes, or even something from the old days - the fabulous '80's. I know that probably already sounds horribly old fashioned to the Ipod generation, but a bunch of discs I love on "shuffle" can really make me happy and before I know it, the tasks are done and ok, maybe I was dancing in my socks a little, no one was watching. Were they?

No comments:

Post a Comment