Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fabulous LIfe in a Small Town

City people, country folks, every one of us has a soul that simply screams out for one or the other. I admit, I live only a few short miles away from the house my parents started their lives together in, and also relatively close to the homes of my mother, sister and deceased grandparents. My children went to the high school I did and had a few of the same teachers. They worked with and for people I know, they had friends and girlfriends and I knew some of their parents.

Some people may cringe at the thought of continually running into friends and neighbors, but especially while raising a family, I loved the feel, the vibe, the trust and the sense of knowing just a bit more. I sometimes wonder how things could have been different - who wouldn't? I'm sure my family does as well. It's comfortable like an old pair of jeans, and yet, if a person craves adventure or the unknown, it will take a bit of work but it could happen.

I prefer going to restaurants and businesses in which I know the owners and/or employees, attending art shows or musical performances because they are someone I know or simply trusting no matter where I am, I won't be far from someone fabulous (and it is likely if I don't know them personally, we will be able to find a person in common with little effort). Life in a small town, not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment