Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today's Fabulous Moment

I love being a mom, but it is especially fun to be an aunt - rules aren't as tight, everything is a bit more relaxed, looser, less responsibility so a lot easier. Today, I was lucky enough to have lunch with my two young nephews in honor of the older one's birthday. We all went to a hibachi restaurant and it was their first time experiencing the humor and grill side entertainment. What a fabulous time watching it with fresh eyes, seeing and hearing their genuine laughter and waiting in anticipation for what could possibly happen next. To them, the jokes are fresh, the banging knives, shooting flames, tower of onions that turns into a volcano and flipping scraps of food at the diner's mouths with a spatula were all a fabulous sideshow. I wonder if you asked them what the best part was if they would answer, "When the chef pretended he was going to squirt sauce at my Aunt but it was a trick bottle. She jumped in her seat!" Yes, I did. I loved every second of it though. The Asian accent while singing Happy Birthday as a bus boy beats a drum and the birthday boy is presented a mini cupcake with candle will also always be a fun memory. I felt lucky to be a part of the day and fabulously lucky to have this family and the ability to have these experiences together.

No comments:

Post a Comment