Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Fabulous New Gadget

Yes, I know I should get up and out more. Yes, I know sitting at a desk for hours a day, day after day, will slowly kill me. To help balance things I have had my older son write a training schedule for me and to help me keep from being entirely bored, I wanted to substitute bicycle time for some of my treadmill time. Winters in the Northeast, as well as wanting some of the comforts of home, contributed to my decision to add a stationary bike stand to my work out equipment though I asked my husband, Mr. Ebay to help by finding one.



The large box finally arrived and dear hubby was able to quickly put my bike in place and off I went. Well, ok, to be honest nothing is really that smooth, but the stand and my ten speed from my 13th birthday were both ready to roll, it was me that did a bit of protesting.



"The seat is too hard."



"The odometer is connected to the front wheel so I have no idea how fast or how far I am going."




"This is hard."



Ah, but I turned on the Food Network and timed my ride. Older son suggested a folded towel for a bit of cushion and well, sitting is easy and that's the problem.



I recently overheard someone say, "Get what you want (for dinner), you will be dead for a long time." My hope is to put it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment