Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unique

A coworker with a first name that does not begin with the letter "U" was wearing a fairly large gold initial letter necklace of the vowel. Why? Well, I had to ask.

"My crazy old landlord gave it to me and I just like it so I wear it."

?

The coworker in question thought maybe she needs a better story to go with the jewelry. "Maybe I can say it stands for 'you'," she laughed and pointed. Not sure if that's going to work. Turns out, the owner of the necklace did not have a name that started with the letter "U" either. Mysterious-er and mysterious-er. Where are those meddling kids with the dog and the van and their marijuana smoking theories?

This morning, I had one of those moments and said the word, "unique" for some reason before running into the coworker and when I saw her I said, "That's it. That's what the 'U' stands for, unique!"

Seriously, can't make these things up. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment