Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Lotto Dreams Continue

As the Mega Millions jackpot continues to build and grow beyond 400 million dollars, my dreams and hopes expand as well. I simply cannot conceive of any one person suddenly having that much money. Really. And what does one do with it all? You can't simply bring that gigantic cardboard check Happy Gilmore style to the bank that certainly can't insure that much money. I'm joking, but really, how can one person even begin to manage even a portion of that winning payout? I have to say, I'm more than willing to give it a try and let you know how I do. My favorite author, Dorothy Parker once said, "I've never been a millionaire, but I know I would be darling at it." Me too!

I watched one of my favorite Food Network shows, "Chopped" last night and though it was a repeat, the winner offered to pay for the runner-ups ticket to Italy so she could see her grandmother. For him, winning wasn't entirely about the money. I'd never seen that happen before and yes, it makes a person a little misty eyed, the judges on the show teared up and the woman receiving the generosity from a stranger - well, she blatantly bawled her eyes out.

Random acts of kindness. Please include that in my newly revised list of things I would do with my lottery winnings. Imagine what it could feel like to simply pay for some one's groceries, full tank of gas, oil delivery, school clothes for a family (including sneakers) and deliver gifts to those recovering from surgery or undergoing physical therapy. The list is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment